House, located at 15th and Madison Streets in Fort Calhoun, was built by Fred Frahm for his bride, Sarah
(Sade) Beales, in 1905. They occupied this home all of their lives.
Frahm owned and operated the general merchandise store in Fort Calhoun which he purchased
from his brother-in-law, Henry Rix. Fred was also a long-time member of the Fort Calhoun
School Board and served three terms as mayor as well as being a member of the City
Council. Sarah Beales was an 1894 graduate of Fort Calhoun High School. Both were charter
members of Naomi Chapter #121, Order of the Eastern Star.
in this home is basically the same as the day it was built. The only modernizations made
to the home were the addition of electricity, running water, a sewer system and a furnace.
the only child of Fred and Sarah, left not only her house and estate to the Washington
County Historical Association, but also most of her belongings and furnishings.
Programming and restoration of the house makes this a site worth visiting again and